FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Join the Weigh and Win Healthy Holiday Challenge Nov. 16-23, 2016
Participate for Free and Win Prizes for Holiday Weight Maintenance
DENVER, Nov. 8, 2016 – Colorado wellness program Weigh and Win, is launching its third annual Healthy Holiday Challenge, promoting weight maintenance throughout the 2016 holiday season. All participants who lose or stay within one pound of initially recorded weight will be entered into a drawing to win one of 20 Amazon gift cards (10 valued at $25, 10 valued at $125). Contestants are required to complete an initial weigh-in November 16-23 at any Weigh and Win kiosk location. A final weigh-in must be completed January 1-8 to qualify for the Healthy Holiday Challenge prize drawing.
The holidays are full of frequent celebrations and quality time spent with friends and family. As exciting as it can be, these next two months require extraordinary willpower while navigating the constant temptation of favorite holiday recipes. Weigh and Win created the Healthy Holiday Challenge to help Coloradans maintain their long-term health goals, through the never-ending dessert trays and over-booked social calendars.
“Weigh and Win’s Healthy Holiday Challenge kept me accountable,” said Sarah, a Denver Weigh and Win participant. “I felt empowered to say no to that third cookie and only indulge in treats I truly enjoy. The weekly tips kept my goals front-of-mind and gave me consistent motivation. I typically gain 10 pounds during the holiday season. This year, I only gained one.”
Over 5,000 Coloradans have participated in the Challenge. Of the participants who performed the two required weigh-ins, 81 percent maintained their weight.
“The holidays represent a time to treat ourselves to hearty food, flavorful drinks, and decadent sweets. But overindulgence can lead to a host of health problems including obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease,” says Amy Bayer, Kaiser Permanente Colorado registered dietitian and senior manager of prevention and chronic care solutions. “While being mindful about what we consume can help tremendously, participating in a program like Weigh and Win can take you the extra mile to keep you accountable for achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle—especially during the busy holiday season. Kaiser Permanente is proud to support this wonderful program as it continues to encourage Coloradans to achieve a healthy weight and thrive.”
Weigh and Win is a free community program available to all Colorado residents (18 years and older) that teaches healthy habits and pays cash rewards for weight improvement and maintenance.
HOW TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE:
- Sign-up for Weigh and Win: visit www.WeighandWin.com to sign-up for a free account.
- Join the Challenge: visit www.WeighandWin.com/HealthyHolidays and click the ‘Join the Challenge’ button, which will redirect to your account login page. After logging in, you will see your Healthy Holidays Challenge Dashboard and you will officially be a part of the challenge. Not sure if you joined? Give us a call at (800) 694-0352.
- Receive weekly tips for overcoming holiday temptations and engaging in healthy behaviors.
- Complete a pre-holiday weigh-in any time between Nov. 16-23, 2016, and a post-holiday weigh-in anytime between Jan. 1-8, 2017. Participants to maintain weight within one pound are eligible for the prize drawing.
- Win Prizes: Everyone who maintains their weight is entered into a drawing. Prizes include 10 Grand Prizes of a $125 Amazon Gift Card and 10 Runner-Up prizes of a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
Weigh and Win is supported by Kaiser Permanente and additional community partners, in an effort to encourage healthy eating and active living throughout Colorado.
MEDIA & INTERVIEWS: Kaytee Long | Weigh and Win | 303-619-8571 | [email protected]