Community partners allow Weigh and Win to impact the health of over 102,000+ Coloradans. We have seen thousands of photographed transformations, awarded over $700,000 in cash rewards, and have heard life-changing stories of impact from our participants across the state.
We asked our participants to nominate their favorite weigh-in location.
Congratulations to the top 10 weigh-in locations.
- Aurora Central Library – Winner!
- Mountain Family Health Centers
- Lutheran Medical Center
- Buchanan Park Recreation Center
- Canon City Recreation District
- American Furniture Warehouse
- East Morgan County Hospital
- Bob Burger Recreation Center
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Longmont Public Library
Thank you to all our valuable partners across Colorado.
A few notes from our participants to our partners!
“Thank you for offering this kiosk in such a centralized location. I not only come to American Furniture Warehouse to buy couches and lamps, I come to improve my health.”
“Thanks for providing space for a Weigh and Win kiosk. My husband and I come once a week to weigh-in and now frequently eat lunch from your cafeteria.”
“The mobile kiosk makes weighing-in easy. It came to my place of work and I could weigh myself early and be at work at the same time!”
“Thanks for offering this at the library. I can weigh in and grab a few educational tools while I am at it!”
“Thanks for offering this at the YMCA. I used to come just to weigh in, but then I checked out what Silver Sneakers was. I’m now usually here every MWF morning.”
“Thanks for being here! I have lost lots of weight, gained $60, and a whole new confidence!”
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2018-2019 Weigh and Win Healthy Holiday Challenge this year. We had more than 1,200 people participate. Out of those that completed both weigh-ins, 82 percent maintained their weight! The winners have been notified by email.
Prize Drawing Winners:
- Katherine – Florence
- Bodessa – Denver
- Bob – Commerce City
- Lisa – Arvada
- Jennifer – Aurora
- Linda – Longmont
- Tandy – Bennett
- Ally – Lakewood
- Andrea – Lakewood
- Kimberly – Thornton
- Trisha – Wheat Ridge
- Linda – Colorado Springs
- Robin – Henderson
- Cassondra – Salida
- Ascension – Aurora
We hope the Healthy Holiday Challenge helped you engage in healthier behaviors over the holidays. If you enjoy competition, the next Weigh and Win Team Challenge starts February 1. Stay tuned for more information!
Only 8% of Americans stick with their New Year’s resolutions. Follow these five tips and set yourself up for success and achieve your goals this year. Cheers to a healthier 2019!
5 Tips for Achieving Your New Year’s Resolution
- Start Small – Set small, realistic goals and timelines. Create a goal of hitting the gym 3 days a week instead of every day or losing 10 pounds in 2 months instead of 60 pounds in 1 year.
- Focus on One Thing – Unhealthy behaviors don’t develop overnight and neither do healthy ones. Don’t overwhelm yourself with a long list of goals. Focus on one thing at a time. Once you feel confident in sustainable change with one habit, tackle another.
- Create an Environment for Success – Set yourself up for success by creating an environment that mirrors the healthy habits you’re trying to create. Late night snacking? Throw out the junk food and stock up on healthy items. Skip morning workouts? Get your gym clothes ready the night before and put your alarm clock on the other end of the room.
- Go Easy on Yourself – Did you skip a couple workouts or over-indulge on unhealthy foods over the weekend? Don’t beat yourself up or let it derail you. Missteps will happen. Get back on track and keep moving forward.
- Track + Reward – As you work toward your goal, track the progress and celebrate your successes. Did you hit 10,000 steps every day this month? Did you achieve your monthly weight loss goal? Celebrate those successes in a way that won’t undo your hard work like a massage or new workout clothes.
Congratulations to the December HEALTHpoints winners of $100 REI Gift Cards.
- Jennifer – Parker
- Cindra – Northglenn
- Tanya – Glendale
We’re giving away 6, $50 Amazon gift cards this month. Earn 300 or more HEALTHpoints to be automatically entered into the drawing. Good luck!